Monday, December 20, 2010

Monkeys & FROGS?!?!

Yep, I'm FROGGING my Grandson's (6 months old) Christmas present 5 days before Christmas, to start over!!!    After crocheting about a foot or so along  started only 2 days ago), I discovered the width grew in size to larger than an adult sized blanket!!   I know he is a BIG boy, but, he doesn't need a blanket THAT big yet! LOL    Good thing it's double stranded AND in double crochet, I *should* be able to finish it, get it washed, dryed & wrapped in time for Christmas! :D 

The good news is that I finished his knitted Monkey!!!  It turned out WAY bigger than I thought it would, but that's ok, he will probably LOVE having a friend as big as him! LOL LOL LOL   I'm only slightly exaggerating!  I'll post pics of him next to it when he opens it for Christmas!  :D     

I have a theme in knit and crochet, it's BIG! LOL   I tend to make things HUGE, especially blankets.  Better too big, than too small  is what I think! :D

So, I better get back to my crocheting.  I decided to cut the yarns from the skeins and crochet from the "old" blanket as I go along instead of trying to wind it all up, then crochet, it should save me lots of time & tangles! Woot!!

No comments: