Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Exercise Routine!

Here is my current Workout Routine:


Monday - Wednesday - Friday:

Stretching
*Abs - 12 Reps of each:
1) In-Betweens
2) Bicycles 
3) Toe Touches
4) Side Reaches
5) Full Sit-ups
6) Knee Bends
7) Heel Touches
8) Scissor Kicks

*Toning with 5# Dumb Bells for Arms, back & Shoulders - 10 Reps of each:
1) Bicep Curls
2) Hammer Curls (Alternating Arms)
3) Hammer Curls (Both Arms at once)
4) Overhead Extensions
5) Cross Chest Extension (laying on back)
6) Arm Rows (Lawn Mower)
7) Push Ups (girly ones on my knees)   :D
8) Butterflies (laying on back)
9) Bent over Rows
10) Standing Chest Press
11) Seated Military Press
12) Front Raises (Both Arms)
13) Front Raises (Alternating Arms)
14) Side (lateral) Raises
15) Upright Rows (BowTies)


** TREADMILL: 
Walking 3 minutes on 3.5mph
Running 15 minutes on 6mph (1.5 Miles of Running)
Walking 2 minutes on 3.5mph

Stretching

-----------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday - Thursday:

Stretching

*Abs - 12 Reps of each:
1) In-Betweens
2) Bicycles 
3) Toe Touches
4) Side Reaches
5) Full Sit-ups
6) Knee Bends
7) Heel Touches
8) Scissor Kicks

** TREADMILL: 
Walking 3 minutes on 3.5mph
Running 20 minutes on 6mph (2 Miles of Running)
Walking 2 minutes on 3.5mph


Stretching


No working out on the weekends, time for the body to rest & recuperate a bit.  :D

:::Edited to add:::

My hubby and I workout together in our home, I do my toning stuff while he's on the treadmill, then I get on the treadmill while he lifts weights. We have done this since Christmas & I LOVE IT!!!!!   :D

I was up to 30 minutes on the treadmill, running almost 3 miles, when my hubby suggested we try to keep it shorter.  20 minutes on weight lifting days, and 25 minutes on abs only days.   This way we can stick to it without dreading a 2 hour workout (which I could easily do if I let myself, because I really like running on the treadmill THAT much!!!).   No problem, we can increase speed for a tougher workout!!  :D   I like to push myself!!  Burn that fat off baby!!  LOL

No comments: