Sunday, March 15, 2009

Best Pancakes in the World!!!

My favorite pancakes have always been Bisquick or Aldi's brand Baking Mix pancakes. But today I made some that are EVEN BETTER!!!! AND they are HEALTHY!!!

Has anyone ever had Blender Pancakes?? No, you don't COOK them in the blender! LOL You use the blender to make the batter. I had a recipe for a couple years & never tried it because I thought it would be lumpy, since it used whole wheat berries. Then I saw this video & how smooth the batter is:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB82-1Mr04E

I used the recipe I have because it is healthier :) But you can use hers. :)

My recipe made with my Vita-Mix Blender:

Combine in Blender:
2 Cups Whole Wheat Berries
2 & 1/4 Cups milk
(I used powdered milk)

Blend for about 1 minute on Variable Speed #10

Then Add 1 Cup more milk
Blend another 45 seconds on Variable Speed #10

Then add:
2 TBS Fresh Ground Flax Seed (ground in coffee grinder very fine)
mixed with 4 TBS Water
2 Tsp Himalayan Crystal salt (or sea salt)
2/3 Cup Olive Oil
2 TBS Raw Honey

Mix till all blended

Add 2 TBS Baking Powder
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract

Mix a few seconds till incorporated.

Pour batter from the blender onto a heated griddle to make your pancakes!!
ENJOY!!!

*** If you don't have a Vita-Mix blender you can still use this recipe!! Cut it in half, but you will need to double the blending time and blend on HIGH.

I always like to make more than I know will be eaten, then freeze them. Then next time I want a quick pancake snack or meal, just pop a few into the toaster oven. :)

No comments: