Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Home Tour

Some of the ladies on Blogland have done tours of their homes & I FINALLY took the time to do pictures today!! So without further ado ..... Welcome to my home!!

Starting outside at the front of the house:

This picture was taken this summer on a nice sunny day!
Photobucket

This could take a while, so grab a cup of coffee or tea and come on inside!
Here you are standing right at the front door, in the foyer:
Photobucket

You can see the living room straight ahead.
Ok, weird placement for the Armoire, but we are selling it, and I wanted the rest of the living room as if it weren't there! :) ... You can see the small coat closet on the left and barely the door to the big closet on the right, we store our balloons, face painting & show stuff for our Entertainment Business there.

Directly to the right when you come in the front door is our Office:
Photobucket

A little crowded, but we like it! We have a LOT of equipment for our Ministry in there.

Turn around, because directly left from the front door is the Dining Room:
Photobucket
You can see the Foyer to the left. The kitchen is behind here.

Between the Office and the Living Room is the Powder Room (or 1/2 bath):
Photobucket
Beautifully painted by my sister, Lori. :)

On to the kitchen next:
View from the Living Room:
Photobucket
The sink & dishwasher area:
Photobucket
All the way to the right, you can see the tiny pantry door.

Our new Kitchen Island:
Photobucket
A couple days ago I just decided to look on Craigs List and see what they had, and they had this beauty!! It is PERFECT for our kitchen!!

Another angle of the Kitchen from the Living Room, "featuring" our small Kitchen Island:
Photobucket
You can see our sprouter and our juicer on it. This small one used to be where the bigger island is, but we needed more counter space. :)

Closer shot so you can see the Garage entrance (left) and the Laundry Closet (right):
Photobucket
You can see my "nifty invention" of a clothing rack up there! LOL It's just a wooden pole cut to fit above the door frames to hold stuff I hang up right out of the dryer. Thanks to ddCathy for that idea!!

Inside the Laundry Closet:
Photobucket

I re-did my laundry area this summer when my WONDERFUL Hubby bought me this AWESOME stacking Washer and dryer set! Here's the link to the before & after pics: Laundry ReDo

Turn around & head to the Living Room:
Photobucket
You can see our cool lap desks that our daughter Cathy & her hubby got us for CHRISTmas. We use them every day! Thanks Cat! You can see all my various office stuff surrounding my chair. LOL And my PURPLE water bottle with lemon water. :)

Another view of the LR:
Photobucket
You can see various Grandkids toys & stuff! he he Notice the fireplace is boarded up to keep out the grandbabies! LOL There's little stones in there that they just can't resist putting in their mouth, so we board it up and it's easy to unscrew 4 screws & take it off to turn on the gas logs for a cozy fire. :)

Through the Living Room to the Stairs:
Photobucket

You can see that I have NOT painted the walls on the steps & hallway upstairs yet. :)

1/2 turn then go up the rest of the steps & see our son Chris' Bedroom door:
Photobucket
This as close as you'll get to his room, BELIEVE me, you appreciate NOT seeing (or rather SMELLING) in there!! LOL

Top of the Stairs & to the left is the landing where we throw stuff when we are too lazy to carry it down the steps! LOL
Photobucket

To the hard left of the stairs is our weight room which used to be our daughter Cathy's room:
Photobucket
One more view of the weight room:
Photobucket
Hard Right at the top of the stairs is Our son Chris' Bathroom:
Photobucket
Um, I'm not sure why I put this here, it's BAD dirty, I don't ever venture in there. I make HIM clean it when we are having any overnight company! So only a quick shot! :)

Next to (cornerwise) that is Jerry & My bedroom, here is what you see at the doorway:
Photobucket
Walk in the door and see our dresser on the left:
Photobucket
Our Bed is to the right:
Photobucket
Our big window in our room:
Photobucket
We have lived here 10 1/2 years an still no window treatments! We tried this summer, but every store was out of the ones we wanted. Oh well!!

To the left of our door is our Master Bath:
Photobucket
All the way in the back is our walk-in closet and our little "throne room"! LOL
Photobucket

Garden Tub & Shower Stall (or cubicle as I call it!):
Photobucket
My husband picked out the fishie decals, we changed to palm trees theme, but didn't take off the decals, I am supposed to put a mural of a beachy scene above my bathtub. We have the mural, I haven't put it up yet. :

Double sink vanity:
Photobucket

Come out of our room and turn right to see the Game Room:
Photobucket
You can see the door to the small linen closet on the left in this pic. And you can see the string hanging down that pulls down the attic stairs/ladder. :)

At the door to the Game Room:
Photobucket
You can see the door to the closet on the left, it's a big closet. OOps! The other green chair is in the dining room!

Inside the Game Room, to the left is the "cubby" created by the dormer window, this is where the rest of the grandbaby toys are:
Photobucket
Nice & Organized in that playpen, huh? ;) This used to be my sewing room when we had our office up here. Now it's all in bins in my bedroom closet (which is why you only get to see the door! LOL)

Pool table & Foos Ball Table:
Photobucket
Pool table stays, the Foos Ball can move so it's out of the way of the pool table, but when we want to play foos ball, we can move it away from the wall & go crazy! LOL

View walking out of the Game Room to the hallway. Chris' bathroom is straight, our room is left, at the end:
Photobucket

Hope you enjoyed the little tour of our home!

Here are a couple other tours that inspired me:
Candy's Home Tour:
http://myblessedhome.blogspot.com/2008/11/pictures-of-my-palace.html

Jessica's Home Tour:
http://anneatheart.blogspot.com/search/label/My%20Home

A different house, same Jessica:
http://anneatheart.blogspot.com/2007/10/tour-of-my-palace-good-and-ugly.html

5 comments:

Rose said...

You have a beautiful home
Thanks for sharing

Shannon L. Fowler said...

Thank you Rose!

Rose said...

Hello~my name is Rose and I saw your name on DeNiece's blog. I just wanted to come by to visit. You have a very lovely home~nice big rooms! I actually only posted the outside butterfly garden that I find the most peace being in. God bless you, goodwife-rose

Karen Leigh said...

Thanks for my wonderful tour of your beautiful home! I loved it =)

Shannon L. Fowler said...

Thank you for stopping by Karen! Glad you enjoyed the tour! :D